Friday, December 31, 2010

As the sun sets on 2010...

Okay, so that is a pretty cliche title. 

But literally, the sun is setting here on the last night of 2010. :)

This past year has been one of the best years of my life.  It makes me sort of sad to see it go.

This year I've had the ultimate blessing of watching and nurturing my sweet tiny newborn into an adventurous toddler.  It's been a year of 'firsts' for us.  First walk outside in the stroller.  First crawl.  First solid food. First tooth.  First steps.  And it's sad to know that year is over.

At the same time, it's beyond exciting to know that so much fun and more 'firsts' await us in 2011!

Maybe a 'first snowcone' this summer.  Definitely a 'first playing on the playground' since he'll be walking running by this summer.

Thank you Lord for blessing Robbie and I with Maverick, and for our wonderful family and friends.

The biggest comfort to me is knowing that God is outside of time.  He knows what is to come in the next days, weeks, and year.  And He will always be there to guide us through whatever comes, and to share His love for us.

Happy New Year!

No comments: