Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Maverick's (current) holy grail

This week has been MUCH better with bath and bedtime. :) Woo hoo! Still not sure why all the craziness...but we survived, ha!

I wish I had a video camera other than my phone. Maybe I'll score one for my birthday or Christmas. This week Mav is perfecting the "tongue click". Its so cute! It' pretty easy to get him to do it, since he's really into mimicking right now.

Everyday Maverick's sole purpose is to reach the holy grail--which is apparently the keyboard and mouse to our desktop computer. He grunts, whines, cries, and fully extends to his tippy toes to play with them. This is what I usually see almost every minute of everyday, ha ha!



Look at ALL the other stuff he could be getting into. Only the keyboard and mouse will do.



If you're wondering why we have diaper boxes everywhere, it's our temporary solution to Mav climbing on everything and keeping him away from power cords and stuff.


(He knows the sound of the camera switch. It's almost impossible to get a candid shot anymore!)

Mav is getting pretty brave with the furniture cruising. If he's standing next to the couch, he will extend his hand and transfer to the coffee table. (which often results with a bump on the head)

My kid thinks he is a dog, I think. It makes sense. The only other creature in the house his size is a perfect role model: using all fours to get around, playing with toys on the ground, scrounging for food, and communicating through grunts. Ha ha!

If I'd let him, he'd go outside with Belle too. (maybe that's a good idea when potty training arrives!) This is where he watches her while she's out there. Just stands there with his nose against the window.



But then he gets SO happy when I let her back in.



And they can continue their daily antics together. :)

No comments: