Saturday, September 18, 2010

Late Night Post

Ah, this is nice. As I type it's almost midnight. The house is very quite (except the occasional rumble of thunder) with everyone, including the dog, fast asleep. And the best part is sitting at my computer in front of two big windows watching the rest of the storm rumble on to the next city. Oh, and enjoying one of my favorite snacks--which is chips'n'salsa.

Here in the midwest a storm usually blows out as quickly as it blows in, but not tonight. It's been a while since we've had severe storms hang around for a few hours without fizzling out. We pulled the Jeep in the garage because it started to hail, and we lost our power for a bit. It's been one of those really awesome electrical storms with the beautiful lightning that scurries across the sky.

Fortunately the crazy weather doesn't phase Maverick when he's sleeping. Although, tonight as I was walking home from my parents' house (I love that they live close enough to walk to!) the lightning was starting to light up the sky and Maverick cried the whole way home. Not sure if he was crying at the lightning or the bumpy ride from me running us the entire way home. :)

I can't believe this week marks the beginning of fall. Fall is my favorite time of year!! Halloween is fun, but my heart LOVES Thanksgiving and Christmas. There is just no better time of year. I may or may not start listening to Christmas music by the middle of October...

The holidays have always been such a wonderful thing to look forward to. As crazy as it gets with us, I love getting together with all my family. Such wonderful memories! I love all my family so much, they are awesome.

And this year we get to celebrate Maverick's first birthday! It is SO perfect that he was born on Thanksgiving. God is just cool like that. :) Something I'll never forget--during one of my last NST's of my pregnancy the nurse was trying everything to get Maverick to be active for the monitoring (drinking orange juice, etc).

Once the nurse and I started talking about all the things we love about Thanksgiving, Maverick started moving and kicking around like crazy! He must have been planning his visit. :)

No comments: