Saturday, January 9, 2010

Show Us Your Life: New Year's Resolutions

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

Okay so I've never made any sort of New Years Resolution. Not because I don't think I could commit to doing (or not doing) it. But simply because I've just never really thought about it. So, when I decided to take a crack at participating in "Show Us Your Life" a resolution was kinda born out of that decision, since it's the first topic of the year.

1. With that said, I go ahead and say one of my resolutions is to participate in "Show Us Your Life" this year. I love to read "Kelly's Korner" blog (seen to the right on my blog list, BTW I read a lot of blogs-these are ones I'm personally connected to). Even before I had Maverick I could really relate to Kelly's blog. She seems like an awesome person and I admire her faithfulness to Christ. Obviously I've never met her and probably never will, but through the magic that is Blogspot I feel like I already have. I don't know if she was the one to create "Show Us Your Life", but it's where I first saw it.

Basically, every Friday there is a "Show Us Your Life" topic. It's a fun way to read how a gazillion people around the world live their life according to a shared weekly theme. Here's all the themes from last year. I'm not quite ready to have my blog published with the other blogs who do this, but I figure I can "unofficially" participate. :)

2. Next resolution: always make time to write in my diary. I've been keeping a handwritten diary since I was in 5th grade. This resolution is sort of proactive in the sense that until now I've been able to write in it relatively frequently, but with Maverick here now free time is especially valuable. It's been very hard to have the energy to write when I have the free moment now. Granted, it would be a TON easier if I were to type my diary (that's why blogging is so easy). But I think its a horrible idea to dehumanize my personal diary like that, so sacrificing a commitment to hand-cramped diary writing it is. But I love it!

That's pretty much it on the Resolution front. Boring, I know. But gotta keep things simple right? I gotta use the rest of my precious free time to read everyone else's. :)


One last note: I go back to work this coming Monday. Since I was put on bedrest at the end of my pregnancy it's been 3 months since I've been at work. I've been S-P-O-I-L-E-D!!! I am reeeeeeally dreading going back. Really. Really.

How could someone want to leave this face for even a few hours each day?

I really under-estimated how hard this would be. Not having a wonderful creature to take care of before made it easy to think it would be. But now that I have Maverick here all I want to do is nurture him all day. I'm very jealous of stay at home mommies!

It's not that Robbie and I didn't want for me to be a stay at home mom. In fact, before we began our family we both valued the idea. But unfortunately our financial situation is so that we absolutely need my paycheck. Can't even "cut back" some corners in order to do it. My income is necessary for the basics of survival. But, if that's what God wants for us right now then there is a reason for it. I'm just praying for His strength to get me through it.

Someone is waking up from their nap...gotta go!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya. . . . .