Monday, November 24, 2008

This is why Jenni doesn't get tattoos.

People often ask why I don't have any tattoos after they see Robbie. Robbie has quite impressive work done on his foot, thigh, and almost a full sleeve on his left arm. I love his tattoos, and I love that they are a part of him. Maybe some other time I will post more about tattoos, but today I just want to say that I love how Robbie literally wears his heart (beliefs, etc) on his sleeve.

So back to the original plot: the reason why I (Jenni) do not have any tattoos is very simple. I just cannot endure seeing the same thing all the time. I have to change the wallpaper on my computer at least once a week. Right now you're probably thinking, "Then how can she stand having tattoos on her husband?" The answer is that I love what Robbie's tattoos signify (you should never tattoo something on you that isn't already a permanent part of your life). And I literally notice something new each time I look at them. It is amazing artwork that I love to look at, and I wish I was that cool to have them.

A picture of his foot. This lamp symbolizes that God's Word is a lamp unto his feet, and a light unto his path. Tattoo artist: Lars Van Zandt


Some pictures of Robbie's sleeve. It's not quite finished, but really amazing. It is a pictorial representation of 2 Peter 1:5-9. Artist: Nate at All Star Tattoo.



The reason for this post--I've been wanting to change the background/template for this blog for a long while. I know there are some good ones out there, I just haven't had the time to mess with changing it. So for now, I just went with an easy pick. Isn't it weird that changing the template of the blog made me think of tattoos? My mind runs like this all day.

No comments: