Friday, November 7, 2008

Costumes, Posion Ivy, and the Season Change in the 'Lou

This post will have lots 'o pictures. I want to share with you our Halloween costumes, the poison ivy from the party, and the season change around our home. Enjoy!

Some of our friends at the Halloween party. Unfortunately this is the only picture of myself, and you can't see my amazing tight-rolled jeans. Nor can you see that my 80s inspired purse matches my 80s style fashion boots. I actually won 1st place in the costume contest! Read the post titled "Hallowen '08 Costume Idea" about how Robbie and I were inspired for our costumes.
Costumes from right to left: Joe the Plumber (quite the popular costume this year), Dina Alexander from Salute Your Shorts, Bobby Budnick from Salute your Shorts, Joe Six-Pack, and Micheal Phelps.

Our friends hosted the party at their home, and they happen to live on a campground where they work. So they were able to build a fantastic bonfire that was like 12 feet high!

Hanging around the bonfire. Can you tell that our friends really like to dress up??

A few days after the party I noticed an itchy rash on my arms and legs. I had no clue what it could have been, and after some consultation with my dad and the internet I diagnosed myself with poison ivy. I've never had a reaction to poison ivy in my life, but I've learned that your immunity can change! I suppose I got it from the hayride or just being out in the campground. So far nobody else at the party has shown any signs of poison ivy though. Hmmmm...

This picture was taken in July. Look how green our yard is!! Compare it to the pic below!

This picture was taken a few days ago. The color change is beeee-utiful! So many brilliant fall colors!

Here are some more pictures I took of the trees in our yard. Unfortunately, all the leaves have shriveled and fallen off the trees in just a couple days. I'm glad I grabbed my camera!



No comments: