Wednesday, January 23, 2013

First Mobile Post and Yummy Food!

Maybe my blogging frequency will increase now that I've downloaded the Blogger app! This could be fun! The only thing I don't like is that I can't put pictures between text...unless I just haven't figured out how to do it.

Whilst making dinner tonight I was inspired to blog about my Pinterest recipes. I know I'm nowhere near the first person to blog about recipes, documenting Pinterest inspired activities, or the combination of the two...but what the heck, right?

I don't know how people planned meals before Pinterest, ha! No worries I'm not abandoning my shelf of cook books yet.

Tonight's meal: Salmon and Asparagus

The recipe called for a cold oven bake. Which I've tried before with bacon, and its ridiculously tasty. Cold oven baking is when you put the food into a cold oven and then set the temp.

Aside from the fish and veggies, my ingredients were olive oil, butter, ground black pepper, ground sea salt, and fresh garlic.

I drizzled the olive oil, pepper, and salt on the salmon filets. Then I put it in the cold oven and set the temp to 400 degrees. Once it hit 400, it was about 25 minutes until they were done. My pictures show a couple test holes since I'm still learning how to tell when fish is done.

For the asparagus I chopped up a few cloves of garlic, added some tabs of butter, and some sea salt before tossing it in the oven with the fish. I guess it ended up cooking for about 25-30 minutes.

Turned out so yummy! The fish was flaky and sweet like candy. The asparagus was crunchy, yet softened with butter. An overall quick and easy weeknight fix!







No comments: