Friday, September 21, 2012

30 weeks and 5 days

Let's just round up to 31, ok? Haha! That would mean I'm in the last week of my 7th month, with a little over 9 weeks to go, agh!!! Who am I kidding...I'm pretty sure I won't make it to 40. At least going by my first pregnancy experience. With Mav I was put on bed rest for 6 weeks before my due date because of early dilation, and he chose to arrive a week early. Crazy though--if I go 1 day overdue, Sawyer and Maverick will have the same birthday!

I really don't want to get addicted to using mobile devices for photos, since the quality isn't that great and I have an awesome camera. But I thought trying to take a belly picture today with Robbie's iPad would be fun.  (Old news if you are friends with me on Facebook, haha!)


The official last draft of "things to do before the baby is born" is posted to the refrigerator.  The goal is to have everything checked off by November 1st, just to be on the safe side.  The list is mostly little things like washing the carseat cover, setting up the bassinet in our room, packing hospital bags, etc.  I'd also really like to premake and freeze some meals, just so that fast food isn't always on the menu the first couple of weeks.

I went to the doctor this past Tuesday, and the little guy's heartbeat was joyful, as always, to listen to.  It was in the 140s-low 150s range.  He is still head down, and I hope it stays that way!  He kicks my rib cage constantly, so I'll know if he turns, ha!  My doc was late for my appointment because she was delivering another patient--so exciting!  Pretty soon it will be our turn. :)

We have an ultrasound scheduled in a couple weeks, and I'm so excited to see how much Sawyer has grown!  It's been a long time since our last one.  I was spoiled with Mav because I was going twice a week for an ultrasound & NST the last 2 months of that pregnancy due to the early dilatation and gestational diabetes.

At almost 31 weeks, these are the big things:

--Leg cramps...UGH!  Specifically my calves.  I get the most intensely painful charlie horses during the night, and the muscles are still sore the next day.  I've been loading up on bananas, staying hydrated, stretching the muscles, etc.  I've noticed that they are the worst if I'm sleeping on my back, so I prop pillows to keep my laying on my side.

--Heartburn.  The other day it was an apple that kept it lingering.  An apple!!!

--Fatigue.  Gone is the energy of the 2 trimester for sure.  I find myself nodding off the most random times of the day.  Preparation for those feedings through the night!

--Lots of baby movement!  I was keeping myself and my coworkers entertained during a really boring meeting the other day by placing things on my tummy and watching him move them around.  Haven't really noticed a definite sleep/awake pattern yet. 

--Itchy, itchy skin.  My skin is sooooo dry.  I keep gallons of lotion handy for my hands, legs, and tummy.  My poor tummy has been so itchy from dryness and stretch marks that it actually bleeds sometimes.  Eeek!

--I know this is horrible, but I'm already looking forward to losing weight.  I say it's horrible because I don't want to rush it.  I love the incredible feeling of having this life inside me, and I'm so very blessed.  But at the same time...I miss my clothes.  I'm ready to not feel like a balloon in an over sized t-shirt.

With all that said, more than anything I'm SO anxious to meet our little boy!!!!  I can't wait to see what he looks like.  Will he look like Mav?  Will he look completely different?  Is he going to have lots of hair, or none at all?  How big (or little) will he be? 

We can't wait to meet you little Sawyer!!!




1 comment:

Old Dude said...

Very cool entry. I suspect that baby Sawyer will look like baby Sawyer... just say'n