Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happy Opening Day!

It's a serious holiday around here!
We suffer a long, cold, and nasty winter in these parts and I think I speak on behalf of all St. Louis by saying that the only way we get through it--is knowing Cardinals baseball starts in the spring!

Last year was Maverick's 1st Opening Day.
I can't believe how itty bitty he was!

You could say that we are slight Cards fans, ha!
This is my mom and I, at my bachelorette party.  My best friend Rachel threw me the most awesome party.  Our tickets were on the party porch, so it was a buffet of food & drinks. 

 My bridal shower was a Cardinals theme, and I confess--it was supposed to be a surprise.  But I found out.  I will never reveal my sources.  :)
My Aunt Linda really out-did herself with the decorations and food.  It was so awesome!

We actually didn't plan our wedding colors based on being Cards fans, but I love that it turned out that way. 

Maverick's 1st Cardinals game!
That was such a special day!
He did so great sitting/sleeping through the game.
I don't think we'll be that lucky this year.



Okay, so there is some grumbling out there that this isn't going to be a great season.
They do have their point--we are suffering some big injuries.
However, I do have to remind everyone the year we won the World Series--we had the worst record of all the teams that went to the playoffs! 

I think he is practicing his "Bob Gibson" pitching technique here!

1 comment:

Old Dude said...

I kinda think Maverick is practicing the Lou Brock slide while catching the ball like Ozzie Smith...