Saturday, February 5, 2011

Welcome Baby Noa!

Noa Clark Iwaszkowiec
8 pounds and 6 ounces
20 1/2 inches long
Born at 9:57pm on February 4th, 2011

 We are SO excited to meet you little guy!
You have really awesome parents, and they did a great job bringing you into this world.
We love you so much!

Congratulations to Jon and Johanna!

I guess it was about 7:30am on February 4th when my cell phone rang at work.  I never get called that early, so my stomach turned with excitement when I grabbed my phone and saw that it was my sister-in-law, Johanna.  She was calling to say they were on their way to the hospital! I was floating on air the rest of the morning (just ask my coworkers!). :)

Later that afternoon Robbie and I went to cheer Jon and Jo on at the hospital.  They did SO awesome bringing their sweet baby into the world.  It was such a privilege and blessing for us to be with them while we waited for Noa.  I think the anticipation is worse for the people in the waiting room, ha!  It was really fun and such a JOY to be there to welcome our nephew into the world.  Thank you SO much Mom and Dad for watching Maverick into the wee hours of the morning so we could be there!

I guess it was about 9:10pm when myself and Johanna's friend Kim were staying with Johanna.  We left the labor room so the nurse could check Jo's progress.  While we were chatting in the hallway, the nurse rushed out to tell us, "Quick! Go say goodbye to Jo and GO GET HER HUSBAND!"

Kim and I darted in and gave Jo one last hug, then we RAN all the way to the waiting room to get Jon.  That was the first time in a long while that he had decided to get out and stretch his legs and say hi to everyone in the waiting room, ha!  You should have seen his eyes bug out when he saw that Kim and I were sprinting to the waiting room! :)

Before we could get one foot in the doorway we both yelled, "GO NOW JON!"  We were SO excited!!!

Obviously not knowing how long it would actually take for Noa to be born, we were being very sneaky.  All of us took turns "forgetting something" or "getting lost" near their delivery room.  So horrible of us, we know, but we couldn't stand not knowing what was going on. :)

Noa was born at 9:57pm, so it was relatively quick! 

Tonight we are SO excited to take Maverick to meet his new cousin.  I know that he doesn't really know what's going on, but he's never really been around a small baby before so it will be fun.  And I'm excited to hold that sweet little Noa again! :)

No comments: