Friday, February 11, 2011

Warm Fuzzies

Just a little bit ago I experienced one of the coolest things ever about being a parent--sharing something with your child from your childhood.

Mav's usual bedtime routine is bath, book, milk, prayer, then bed.  Usually while he's drinking milk he's on the couch with one or both of us with the tv on.  (Mostly because all of our favorite shows are on at that time, ha!)

Tonight it was just me and The Mav, and I stumbled upon a channel broadcasting "The Three Stooges".  All sorts of wonderful memories flooded my heart as we watched it together.  (Bear with the cheesy-ness)

Ever since I can remember, that was the show that my sisters and I LOVED watching with my dad.  Many, many wonderful memories of us sprawling on the floor in our jammies to watch it together, most often on a weekend night (or sometimes during the holidays when they run those marathons).  Tonight it just warmed my heart SO much being on the couch with Maverick, in our jammies, watching The Stooges.

I know Maverick didn't really understand so much, but it was so awesome to pass on the tradition.  I greatly look forward to sharing this with Mav in the future.  That is until he is a teenager and wants to hang out with his friends on Friday nights. :)

And here is to our "Original Three Stooges"--my dad, my Uncle Jimmy, and my Uncle Charlie. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget brushing teeth in the routine. Oh, and I think Uncle Charlie is more of just a stooge than one of The Stooges. But, definitely your dad and Uncle Jimmy. Both, of course, would do Curly. I don't think we ever had a good third Stooge.

Old (Stooge) Dude said...

Gotta visit this site, you can make him a bedtime CD...
http://www.wavsource.com/movies/three_stooges.htm
Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!!!

Jenni and Robbie said...

Yeah we're still working on that whole teeth brushing thing. Mav won't let me near him with the toothbrush cause he wants to play with it. He's had his 1st toothbrush for months now, but hasn't actually gotten it in his mouth! :)

And I'll definitely have to make the CD.