Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Tick-tock!

It's so weird how excruciatingly slow time passes, but at the same time, you're not in a hurry for it to pass either. Ever feel that way???

I've been feeling like that since Saturday night. I've been having some contractions, so I'm anxious to get this whole labor thing going. We're sooooooo excited to meet our son, and curious as to what he's going to look like. How he's going to act, etc.

But at the same time, it's terrifying to think we're going to have a baby! You would think that 9 months would be plenty of time to prepare your mind for this. But it doesn't! Are we ready? The answer is no. But who is ever ready to be first time parents?? Nobody I know!!

So back to being excited!

During my NST this morning the nurse administering the test kept glancing at the printout from the contractions monitor, and asked me how I was feeling. I was like, "Ummmm....fine. Am I supposed to be feeling something else?" And she showed me that I was having pretty regular contractions that weren't huge or anything, but enough that I should be feeling them.

When I had another contraction, she let me know so that I could be aware of what it should feel like. I was like, "Oh! I've been thinking that was the baby moving or something!" She almost called my doctor to see if I should go get checked out at the hospital. But they weren't quite that bad yet.

Now back to waiting!

My gut feeling is that he's not going to arrive for at least another week or two. That would be good because the closer to 40 weeks, the better.

Plus--I've been given specific instructions to wait until Sunday night (at earliest) for 2 reasons:
1) This coming weekend is opening rifle season for deer hunting, and my dad is an avid hunter who doesn't want his grandson's birthday interfering. LOL! :)

2) My sister-in-law Johanna is out of the country until Sunday night. She had to go to the Philippines for work. Maverick needs to wait!

And I think he will. :)

1 comment:

Grandfather said...

To help clarify, I don't believe that it was stated that I didn't want the birth of my grandbaby to "interfere" with opening weekend of rifle season... the birth of any of my grandbaby's will never "interfere" with anything in my life. I am anxious for Maverick's "opening day" and look forward to being a part of it. On the other hand, I did write the Missouri Department of Conservation and asked them to delay opening day of deer season until the arrival of Maverick... I have not yet had a reply.