Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Oh Internet, where for art thou, Internet?

Isn't it funny how something can be so frustratingly important one day, and then no big deal the next? And what makes it even more worse is when the situation is completely trivial. I'm talking about not being connected to the internet. Yesterday our modem wasn't working, therefore my glimpse into the outside world and my boredom cure for bed rest was gone. It was like living in 1995! (gasp!) :)

I guess it wasn't so much the fact that I had no internet at my fingertips. I have plenty of other activities I do during the day (see below). It was more about the time I spent on the phone with our internet service provider trying to figure out why our modem stopped working. To spare you the agony, I will sum it up by saying that I spent over an hour on the phone talking to 4 different people who probably live halfway around the world. And NONE of them could help me. Needless to say they suffered the wrath of an emotional almost 9 month pregnant woman!

So we ended up scheduling a service tech to visit the house today to fix the problem. You know how that goes--they say they will be there between the hours of 8am and 4pm. And they show up at either 6:30am or 5:30pm.

But now...as you can see...we woke up and the modem is working fine. I wanted to call and try to cancel the service tech visit, but Robbie still wants him to stop by just to make sure everything is okay. Easy for him to say! He doesn't have to stay here!

...oh wait...I was going to be home all day already! :)

Here is one of the activities I've chosen to help make bed rest time pass. I'm really excited about them, but at the same time I sort of regret the commitment to making my own birth announcements because I'm already thinking about if another baby should come along--I most likely won't have the time to make special announcements for them too. Can you tell I'm the youngest of 3? I'm not bitter... :)

I'm just gonna show you the cover. I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise!

No comments: