Saturday, November 5, 2011

Still here :)

Whew, a month since the last post!  I think for the time being, posts may happen only on the weekends...but that's okay! :)  I used to write in the evenings after Mav went to bed.  But evening time is a little wonky right now.

Just when you think you have things down, it changes.  Maverick has had the same bedtime routine now for over a year:  bath, milk, sing/pray, bed.  Piece of cake.  Mav would lay down in his bed almost fully awake, and just lay there until he went to sleep, even in a big boy bed.  Seriously, not kidding!

Then all of a sudden, a switch flipped or something.  His separation anxiety just exploded into a mushroom cloud.  The anticipation of being apart from mom or dad (only at bedtime, he's fine during the day) is just so unbearable to him.  It takes almost 2 hours longer to put him to bed now, which wouldn't be so awful except he is waking up every 1-3 hrs during the night too.  The thought of being alone in his room (despite the nightlights, favorite animals, books, etc) is so awful to him that he screams "Mommy! Daddy!" and looks for us.  Last night/early this morning I was up with him every 20 minutes from 3-5am.

We've tried everything we've read, advice from family/friends...crying it out, giving him clothes with our scent, etc, etc. Its just something we're gonna have to grow through.  It's a new season in life (hopefully a short one, ha!)  And I'm okay with it.  I love being his mommy.  Although I won't say that I enjoy being up all night! :) 
Prayers to help Mav's anxiety would be greatly appreciated, ha!  


Okay so to catch up on a few things I just skimmed my photos from the last date I blogged to today.  And there was SO much stuff!  Too much to blog, so I paired it down to these fun things.

You might know that Mav LOVES firetrucks...a LOT! :)  So when the church near us threw a fall festival with a firetruck, police car, and SWAT team (who knew my town had a SWAT team?!) we knew we had to go.  Once Mav saw the real firetruck he literally pooped his pants, ha!  He just stood in a frozen awe for 10 minutes...his eyes skimming the truck of every detail.


The firefighters were so gracious to answer all our questions, and said we could stop by the station anytime.  Which, I know--they say that to everyone--but it was still kind. :)


Let's see what else has happend since the last time I blogged...oh yeah...
The Cardinals won the World Series!!!!
Maverick was one lucky little boy since he got to stay up late for Game 6 and 7.  (Mostly because we couldn't be torn away from the tv, ha!)
I was the greatest wife ever and stood in a very long line to buy that hat for my hubby. ;)


For Halloween Mav dressed up as a skeleton.  He despises any sort of hat, mask, or sunglasses...so our options were sort of limited.  Skeletons are easy, and we like easy! 
And I think he makes a pretty handsome skeleton. :)


I couldn't get Mav to look at me for the world...there was a parade of petting zoo animals being unloaded from a trailer.  We suprised my mother in law with a petting zoo on her birthday, which happens to also be Halloween.


When we were in the backyard for the zoo, Mav happened to be standing near Johanna and Noa and I thought, "Ooooh! What a great picture!"  We didn't know they were going to be skeletons too...so fun!  Isn't this the most precious picture?!

We did, however, already know that Johanna was expecting.  Her and Jon told us quite a few weeks ago, and to say that we were excited would be an understatement.  Even though the new baby was a huge, huge, HUGE surprise...we couldn't be more elated for them and can't wait to meet the new baby.  And of course the grandparents are over the moon about having another grandchild.  Which is good for us--this takes the pressure off having another one for a while, ha ha!

Johanna is (I think) about 12 weeks now, and it will be so exciting to learn in a few weeks if Noa will have a little brother or sister.  New Baby I is scheduled to arrive on Mother's Day.  :)

No comments: