Thursday, November 11, 2010

I should be cleaning!

For those faithful followers, I'm sorry I've been slacking!


However, I have a lot on my plate these days. Lots and lots to do before Maverick's first birthday party!!!

(side note: you probably noticed that you didn't have to log in to view the blog. I am SO sorry for making you guys jump through hoops to read. However, in the end I had a lot of people asking how to read and it was kinda crazy getting it all worked out. I just hope all the creepies stay away, lol!)

The BIGGEST to-do on the pre-party list is cleaning my house.

AGHHHHHHHH!

What was I thinking trying to have 30+ people over at our house???

I'm trying to figure out how I can temporarily shove a ton of stuff into our spare bedroom to accommodate our guests. (btw--if you're coming to our party, don't go in the spare room, ha!) And I gotta figure out how I'm gonna have seating for that many people...I'm thinking Asian style dining!

I hit up the grocery store today to get some food for the party. I was gonna do snacky-type stuff, but cooking a main dish is just easier for me. Plus, the party is at 6:00pm and people will probably like to have dinner!

So what's the go-to cheap dinner for a lot of people??? The wonderful oldie, but goodie---mostaccioli. (I had to run to the pantry to get that spelling off the box of noodles, even spell check couldn't figure out what the heck I was saying!)  One pan with meat, one pan without meat for my non-meaty friends.  Plus I was SO excited to find a great deal on toasted ravioli today at the store.  I got 120 raviolis for $10!


I'm still trying to decide if I want to bake a cake...or just buy one.  Maverick isn't old enough yet to appreciate the awful job I will do baking and decorating a cake, so I'm probably gonna save that for future birthdays.

My goal is to have his baby book currently updated and out for people to read.  We'll see if that actually happens! lol!

SO crazy to think what life was like a year ago.  I was on bed rest, and at the time thought that I would die from boredom.  Oh to be "forbidden" from getting off the couch!!  Plus, I was so nervous about bringing a baby home...and sooooooooo excited to meet our little guy.  I wish they didn't grow up so quickly!

OH--and one last thing: Maverick started whole milk today!!  Not only is he completely on sippy cups now (today I packed up the last of his bottles, sniffle sniffle) but we are weaning on to whole milk.  I figured that he is close enough to a year old to start.  He didn't even notice.  It was only 2 ounces in a 6 ounce bottle. (errr, sippy cup).  Hopefully his little tummy won't mind.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

So glad you decided to stay public! I love reading your blog, but knew the hoop-jumping of following a private blog would be too much work for me. Thanks for allowing me (and other lazies like me) to still get our Mav fix!