Friday, July 16, 2010

Tooth!

Okay, okay. It's been a while. I was on a really great routine of posting almost everyday...but then life was a bit crazy with working different hours and other general shenanigans.

Speaking of shenanigans--Maverick's first tooth has arrived!!

Poor Mav has been enduring teething symptoms pretty hardcore the past few weeks. Waking up during the night has been a hard readjustment since he's slept through the night for the past 4-5 months now. Poor thing sometimes wakes up crying and can't go back to sleep until we put some Baby Orajel on his gums.

Actually--until this little toothie (literally) came up overnight, I was starting to think I was crazy for thinking he was teething. How could he be having all these symptoms for so long without anything to show for it?

Well, he does now! One down...nineteen more to go!





I discovered his tooth while I was investigating a small amount of blood coming from his mouth. Maverick bonked himself in the face with a plastic ring (the stacking rings), and it made his gum bleed. I stuck my finger in and felt something new and strange. A tooth!

When Maverick was a baby (err, a newborn that is, ha!) I always wondered what he would look like with teeth. I can't believe the time has already come for him to get them! My preschoolers and kindergarteners (at work) have teeth. Maverick can't have teeth! That means he will be in Kindergarten someday!!! :)


(you can barely see it...look really close!)

No comments: