Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thankful for friends, not thankful for fake blood.

Today a couple of Robbie's best friends came over and helped Robbie paint our house. One friend has already come over and helped trim our trees and bushes. You can't ask for better friends! I am so thankful for their help, I don't even know how to express it!

The boys accomplished more today with priming and painting than I have gotten done in months. I guess it doesn't help now that I'm preggo. They wouldn't even let me stay and watch because of all the fumes. It was so wonderful to come home to a house that was half-way painted! It was like being on the show "Extreme Home Makeover". It looks amazing guys, thank you!!

Even though there is still much to do, to have this much done is an enormous relief. To be able to see the progress of remodeling is beyond wonderful!

Do you know what is not beyond wonderful? When your husband comes down the hallway with dark red blood pouring from his hand, and streaming down his arm--and asking for a band-aid! I said, "Ooohh what did you do?!! Holy crap!! That cut looks really deep, you might need stitches!"

I scurried to the hall closet and tossed everything out to find gauze and bandages, yelling at Robbie to clean his hand off. When I looked up he was standing there with this ridiculous smirk on his face, biting his lip to prevent laughing, when he said, "But if I clean it off all the fake blood will wash off!"

I threw the first aid box at him really hard and told him that he's gonna need bandages if he doesn't move out of my line of sight. It was a good thing he was on his way out for Wednesday night youth group!! :)

1 comment:

Old grey one said...

I am glad there are never any dull moments at the old homestead... nice job Robbie!!!