Friday, April 3, 2009

Little Kid-isms

Everyone knows that kids say the funniest things, but I have to brag on my students because they are the coolest kids in town. Here is just a teeeensie smeeeeeensie sample of what I hear daily:

"Ms. Jenni they should have named the Panama Canal the "Snorth Canal". It makes more sense because it's where North and South America meet."

The other day I brought it some old things to play with in our Imagination center. One of them was an old phone I used to have in my room that looked like this:

I heard 2 comments that made me feel old (I'm only in my mid-twenties!):
"Ms. Jenni, why is there a cord?"
"Ms. Jenni--I didn't know you could text with this phone!!" (this was a great lesson on why you can call numbers like 1-800-I'm-old)

And the award for the most bizarre thing I've heard to date:
Me: "Why are my students scattered in the hallway and not in a line?"
Student: "Because the school is a giant pancake and we are the syrup."

No comments: