Saturday, July 5, 2008

Welcome to St. Louis!

As any fellow mid-westerner would agree, living in the heart of the country brings weather that is quite literally changing every 10 minutes. The news recently has shared stories on the midwest flooding and I thought I would add my own perspective. The following pictures were taken on the way to my sister-in-law's place, about 15 minutes away from our house. As you can see the water is right up to the highway on both sides of the road. My favorite pic: water surrounding the power grid.




The following are some attempts to capture lightning on my new digital SLR camera. I set up my tripod in the garage and enjoyed the show taking place at 1:00am! I know Florida is the lightning capital of the world, but the thunderstorms we get here in St. Louis are really amazing.



No comments: