Monday, October 4, 2010

Costume preview

Here is a preview of Mav's first Halloween costume!



At first he LOVED wearing it. But that lasted a whole 6 minutes. I think only having a diaper on underneath made it a little scratchy. After that he wanted it OFF!

He rolled around crying on the floor until I took it off him.



Mavzilla destroying the countryside!!



Still not sure how we're gonna do Halloween. I figure we'll either "walk" around the neighborhood with him, or find some sort of public event to attend.

I've always felt kinda weird handing out candy to adults holding their babies (who obviously are not going to reap the benefit of being lugged around the block in an uncomfortable costume...but isn't that what kids are for?)

Gotta enjoy the candy stash now before it becomes harder to steal from their candy buckets. :)

I remember knowing if anyone had stolen anything out of my Halloween candy bucket. I had that thing inventoried and secured before getting back to the house!


I also wanted to post some pics on here for my dad (after all he is my most loyal reader). He bought Maverick the cutest hat ever that says "Lil' Buck". I took Mav to the park while he wore it, and 4 or 5 people stopped to say how cute his hat was. (I'd like to think it may have something to do with the kid wearing it, ha ha!)



He'll only actually wear it if we are outside and the scenery distracts him.



Otherwise he loves to play the "I'm gonna pull it off!!" game. Which is fun too!



I bet grandpa can't wait to take him out to the farm. :)

4 comments:

Your most loyal... said...

The reason you inventoried your "stash" was that you had a couple of sisters... and a mom, and oh ya, and a dad too. I think we will go for crackers this year for Mavzilla instead of candy. What is "your" favorite type??

Jenni and Robbie said...

Mavzilla can have crackers, but momzilla will enjoy the candy! :) I'm thinking either a stroll up and down the street would be fun for Halloween. Possibly walk around the mall (stores hand out candy). Not sure.

Anonymous said...

So, what is wrong with the neighborhood in which you live? I know this house on Babler Wood Court that ALWAYS gives out the BEST stuff, unlike the neighbor behind them that have NEVER answered their door on Halloween.

Jenni and Robbie said...

Ha ha ha! Yeah, we'll have to take a trip up to that part of the woods. :) I heard those neighbors living by you can be a bit rowdy sometimes...